Three months ago, I eagerly anticipated my grades as I sought to boost my CGPA so that I might participate in the co-op program this fall



By Sarshar Hosseinnia
Published: March 16, 2009

I was pleased with the outcome of three of my courses, but intrigued as to why it was taking so long to get a mark for Philosophy 241: Philosophy in Literature.

To be fair, I think the course was a joke; the professor barely showed up, and when he did, his teaching was questionable, to say the least.

A course that was supposed to be about literary icons such as Immanuel Kant, Friedrich Nietzsche, et cetera, soon turned into piffle about whether or not we should kill ourselves, and the role of apes in Early-Modern society.

Fair enough; the reason for debate about where humans originated is parallel to numerous theories regarding man’s existence. But really, the title of the course is, “in literature.”

As if the communication breakdown didn’t cause the class enough confusion, we were also subjected to films that most students were shown in high school.

Again, I agree that Lord of the Flies and The Lives of Others are key films in any argument of morality, but did it really need to take up 12 of our lectures? . . . --NewsHammer 3/19/2009

Continue reading the March 16, 2009 article from Simon Fraser University's The Peak.

0 comments